OASIS® Bio Floral Foam Maxlife – The World’s First Biodegradable Foam!
We are delighted to be able to announce the arrival of probably the most eagerly anticipated OASIS® product of all time – biodegradable floral foam! OASIS® Bio Floral Foam Maxlife is the first floral foam of its kind. For the first time you can create arrangements that will biodegrade once they are disposed of.
So how does it work?
OASIS® Bio Floral Foam Maxlife has the same composition as traditional OASIS® Floral Foam. With one addition – a new ingredient that can actively attract the microbes present in landfill conditions. As a result the foam breaks down into methane, CO2 and organic matter.*
*Tests by the American Society for Testing and Materials Standards (ASTM) shows that OASIS® Bio Floral Foam Maxlife biodegrades 51.5 percent within 365 days in biologically active landfill conditions. Testing is ongoing; bio-degradation rates will continue to be measured and further information will be released when available.
What is it like?
- OASIS® Bio Floral Foam Maxlife performs in exactly the same way traditional OASIS® Floral Foam does. The only difference? Our new ‘green’ foam is brown! It’s a quick way to be able to tell it apart from your standard green foam.
- ✔ Fast soaking
- ✔ High absorption
- ✔ Superior grip
- ✔ Flowers last 50% longer than competitor foams
What shapes are available?
- In addition to the bricks, we will soon have 4 shapes of OASIS® Bio Foam available:
- – 41cm Ring
- – 33cm Heart
- – Florette Grande
- – Florette Petite
- Furthermore these shapes will all come with a biodegradable NatureBase® backing so your whole design can biodegrade!
What is NatureBase®?
- Watertight, rigid and durable, NatureBase® bases look and perform like plastic. With one difference; they are biodegradable! Not actually plastic at all. The bases are formed from naturally occurring fibres extracted from wood.
- Also you can buy the OASIS® NatureBase® Deco with Strings. Providing a base for any arrangement using a single standard brick.